Batonka Lodge has 22 rooms.
Each has a bathroom en-suite and balcony, are comfortably furnished and have, TV, complimentary Wi-Fi, air-conditioning, universal chargers and a tea/coffee station.
There are two blocks of 6 rooms and two blocks of 5 rooms, each carefully positioned around the property to give maximum privacy and views of a carefully tended garden.
11 of these rooms have a bathroom with a double basin vanity unit, bath, toilet and shower. The other 11 are the same but have no bath tub.
The rooms can all be converted from a twin room to a double room on request.
Daily housekeeping service is provided.
The Main Communal Area
The main area has dining facilities, lounge areas, curio shop and the reception which is available to guests 24 hours a day. The dining facility can be either indoors or on a large spacious and outdoor terrace area overlooking the garden and swimming pool. There is a comfortable lounge area inside with a fireplace, and an outside lounge area is also available for guests.
The reception also serves as the information and activities booking desk, and a curio shop offers a selection of Zimbabwean art and craft as well as local memorabilia.
The restaurant offers a full English Breakfast, and a choice of wholesome home style cooking for lunch and dinner.
Whilst Batonka Guest Lodge was built primarily with the visitor’s comfort in mind, the environmental aspect has always been a top priority.
The following features have been implemented in order for us to play a leading role in energy saving and respect for the environment:
- Solar geysers for all the rooms.
- Air conditioners that are ozone friendly compliant.
- Air conditioners that have inverters and consume 40% less power.
- Grey water recycling into the gardens to conserve water.
- Garden Irrigation systems on timers to conserve water.
- Waste separation and organic waste used in vermiculture to produce vermicompost.
- Led lighting to reduce electricity consumption.
- Responsible towel and sheet laundering (to reduce water consumption).